Re: New member…a persecuted dad…

First, you need to get to know your laws in Texas. Texas has a law that specifically allows you to sue to financial damages for denial of visitation and parental alienation. Regardless of what a judge may think, it would be up to a jury.

Under what circumstances are you approaching the judge about being denied access to the children? Is it a result of a filing of a motion for contempt of court for the denial, or were you there on another matter, such as a child support modification or enforcement? If this were the case, than no, the judge would not be willing to hear anything regarding visitation. It is a separate matter and must be handled by filing a motion to enforce.

You may need to learn how to prove denial of visitation and how to file a motion for enforcement. This can be done with or without an attorney, but you must keep your head on straight and don’t get angry. Anger can end up being used against you.

If you want to learn more about how to do what I said, you can give me a call at 1-800-733-3237. I’m with the Dads America website.